After the findings of the GRC (Games Review Committee) it is understood that one of the proposals for next season will see the Derry SFC revert to straight knock out.
Another important point is clubs will only lose their county players for 4 games, unless Derry progress to the All Ireland semi finals, with all their players available for two league games before the championship.
Summary of proposals are listed below.
1) Senior Football
- League – 15 rounds from April to mid August
- Championship - late August to October
- Categories of league games – A, B and H
- Championship – Straight Knock out
- Reserve league matches before senior games with the option for clubs to play them afterwards on agreement. Four matches to be played before league starts will be selected from games on weekends in which county players won’t be available or mid-week fixtures.
- Reserve Championship first round to take place Monday after first round of Senior Championship
2) Intermediate Football
- League – 13 rounds from April to mid August
- Championship - mid August to October
- Categories of league games – A and B
- Championship – Round Robin System
- 2 x groups of 4 and 2 x groups of 3.
- Top 2 in each group into the championship quarter finals.
- Reserve league matches before senior games and leagues to start on same date
- Reserve Intermediate Championship first round to take place Monday after first round of Intermediate Championship
3) Junior Football
- League – 18 rounds from April to mid August
- Championship – mid August to October
- Championship - Back Door (same system as 2015)
- League – 10 rounds from April to August
- Championship – August and September
- Championship – Straight Knock-out (same system as 2015)
- Alternative competition during Christy Ring to replace Reserve League
- Reserve Hurling Championship first round to take place Monday after first round of Senior Hurling Championship
5) Holiday period of 2 weeks - 2nd and 3rd week of July.
6) Team finishing top of each league wins the league and gains promotion.
7) Promotion and relegation to be one up and one down in each league with no playoffs.
8) Alternative calendars to be drawn up to reflect the possible progress of Derry Senior county teams in their relevant competitions.
9) Fixtures to remain on dates and times as sent out before season begins.
10) All club weddings and major function dates to be sent to CCC (date to be confirmed by CCC). These will then be factored into the games calendar prior to release.
11) Intermediate and Junior Championship matches to be played before Senior Championship matches.